Thursday 16 December 2010

The Rejection Seat

Being rejected by a lady is like being hit by an exploding bullet. Even if the wound heals, the shrapnel still remains embedded in you. This post is a tribute to all my brave friends who have faced bullet after bullet with honour and have in turn, given me the courage face the fire (a significant number of times!). Here is a collection of some rather great rejection lines that have been thrown at me and my friends. They are as painful as they are true. We have had numerous post-mortem sessions trying to fathom what exactly the girls were thinking when they shot us in the heart, (I have put their thoughts in brackets.) and what they gained out of it. All we gained were the following scars.


 Seven Painful Rejections You May Have Faced


 1. “I never thought of you that way.” (Let me see, I have thought of you as a free transporter, assignment finisher, food sponsor, concert tickets arranger, agony aunt and yeah, bodyguard! Have I ever thought of you as a boy? Ummmmm.... nope! Sowie!)


 2. “My career comes first!” (Ooh cool that’s a nice nick name I’ve come up with for that super good looking senior: Career Kutcher! I’m awesome!)


 3. “Look, it’s nothing personal but I only date good looking guys.” (See how subtly I put that across? Am I a sweetheart or what?)


 4. “I’m just not ready for a relationship right now.” (I have to go shopping and then get a haircut damn-it!)


 5. “You are one of my closest friends and I can’t risk our friendship.” (Hey wait, let me keep him on a standby while I wait for my price charming! Let’s give him some hope.) “But I never want to lose you!”


 6. “It is against my religion!” (Ewww, you dog food!)


 7.  “Do I know you?” (Oooooooooooh, shiny!!)

1 comment: